The opportunity to connect your Lumosity account with Facebook is completely optional. Lumosity will not force you to use Facebook, as we understand some members do not have a Facebook account or do not wish to link their Facebook information to their Lumosity account. For this reason, logging in with Facebook will remain optional.
If you do wish to connect to Facebook, you may do so when creating a new Lumosity account OR by connecting your existing Lumosity account to Facebook.
- To create a NEW Lumosity account using your Facebook information, please visit our account creation page and select the blue Facebook button located at the bottom of your screen:
- Clicking the blue "Sign Up" button will allow you to enter your Facebook login information into the text boxes pictured below. Your Facebook information will then be used to create your Lumosity account.
- If you are not signed in to a Facebook account at the time of creation, you will be able to manually enter your Facebook email address and password in to the text boxes shown above.
- If you are signed in to a Facebook account at the time of creation, the login items of that Facebook account will automatically be used as your Lumosity credentials.
- If you create your Lumosity account through Facebook, you will need to use the Facebook icon (located on the sign in page) to log in to your account from then on. If you do not want to log in through Facebook, your Lumosity login details can be edited at any time on your Account page.
- To connect an EXISTING Lumosity account with Facebook, please log in, visit your Account page, and select the blue button labeled "Connect To Facebook":
- Clicking the "Connect to Facebook" button will allow you to enter your Facebook email address and password if you are not logged in to a Facebook account at that time.
- If you are logged in to a Facebook account, you will be automatically connected to that account.
Disconnecting your Lumosity account from Facebook must be completed on both Lumosity.com and Facebook.com.
How to disconnect from Facebook within your Lumosity account:
- Log in and click on your name in the top right-hand corner. Then, select Account Settings from the drop-down menu:
- Once you're on your Account page, select "Disconnect" under the Social Accounts section:
- If you've never created a Lumosity.com password, you'll be prompted to create one on the Change Password page:
Here are some tips for creating strong passwords:
- Make your password at least 8 characters long. (We require that passwords be at least 5 characters, but the longer, the better!)
- Use a combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Do not use any portion of your email address, real name, company name, or mailing address.
How to then Disconnect from Lumosity within your Facebook account:
- Log in to your Facebook account, click the arrow located at the top right of any Facebook page (ex: your homepage) and select Settings.
- Click Apps in the left column.
- Hover over the Lumosity app(s) and click x to remove.
For further information regarding Facebook App removal, please visit their Help Center.
Please contact us here if you require further assistance!
What information is shared between Lumosity and Facebook?
To streamline the process of creating or logging in to an account, the following information is shared between the two sites if you choose to connect.
- Your public profile (name, profile picture, age range, gender, language, country and other public info)
- Email address, birthday, and friend list. The request to view your friend list is a default Facebook setting, not information that Lumosity has requested to access. Lumosity will not view any information about your Facebook friend's list.
- At this time, Lumosity member's cannot share or post their training progress on Facebook, but we may build social features in the future.