If the games are slow, laggy, or jerky, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try.
Using Bluetooth headphones or speakers? Please note that audio may lag due to Bluetooth latency. We recommend using wired headphones, speakers, or your speakerphone for games that require audio such as Feel the Beat.
Please see this FAQ if you're on an iPad, iPhone, or Android. Proceed with these steps if you're on a PC or Mac computer:
- Make sure that all other browser windows are closed. Closing other programs running on your computer can be helpful as you'll have more resources available for Lumosity.
- Update your browser. View instructions.
- Clear your browser cache. View instructions.
- Try using another browser. For a list of supported browsers, check out this FAQ.
- Try disabling extensions. Click on your browser below for instructions.
- Click the menu in the top right corner
- Select New Incognito Window. This will open a new browser window. Navigate to Lumosity.com log into your account to train. More detailed instruction can be found here.
- Click the menu (≡) in the top right corner, and then click the help icon (?) at the bottom of the menu.
- Select Restart with Add-ons Disabled and click Restart.
- Click Start in Safe Mode.
- Navigate to Lumosity.com and log into your account to train.
More detailed instruction can be found here.
- Go to the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Click on the Extensions tab and try clicking on each extension and unchecking the Enable box and then reload the page to see if the problem is resolved. You can also move the slider to the OFF position to disable all extensions on some versions of Safari.
- Click the menu in the top right corner (...) and select New InPrivate Window.
- In the new window that is launched, navigate to Lumosity.com and log into your account to train.
If you have further problems, you can submit a support request here. Please let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried.