If are having trouble while using the Lumosity app (such as lag or problems opening the app or loading games), or if you're unable to use an unlock link for a game, please follow the troubleshooting steps for your device:
iPhone or iPad
- Make sure you have updated to the latest version of the app. Find Lumosity in the App Store and tap Update.
- Try force closing the app completely. To force close the app, return to the Home screen and double-click the Home button to view all recently used apps (on iPhone X slowly swipe up from the bottom and release.) Find the Lumosity app preview window and swipe up on it to close the app.
- Try restarting your mobile device. To restart your device, first turn it off by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider and device will turn off after a few moments. Next, turn the device on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
- Try reinstalling the app. Keep in mind you'll be logged out, so you should make note of your login information. You'll see the tutorials when you open the games, but as long as you are logged into the correct account and online, your game levels, Best Stats, and scores will sync. Mobile training reminders will be reset. To delete an app, touch and hold the app icon on the Home screen until it starts to jiggle and then tap the "X" icon to delete the app. You can reinstall the app here.
- Make sure you have updated to the latest version of the app. Find Lumosity in the Play Store and tap Update.
- Force Stop the app. Open the Settings app, choose Apps, and touch the Running tab to view only active or running apps. Choose Lumosity and touch the Stop or Force Stop button.
- Restart your device. To restart most Android devices, press and hold the Power button until the Device Options menu appears and then touch Restart.
- Reset the Lumosity app cache. Under Settings go to the Application Manager, click on Lumosity, and click Clear cache (you may need to tap Storage to see this option).
- Reinstall the app. Keep in mind you'll be logged out, so you should make note of your login information. You'll see the tutorials when you open the games, and the Best Stat and Best Score will be blank until you play a game, at which point you'll see your Best Stat and scores synced. As long as you are logged into the correct account and online, all of your LPIs, Best Stats, and game scores will sync. Mobile training reminders will be reset. To reinstall the app, open the Play Store app, select Lumosity from your list of apps, and touch Uninstall. After the app is uninstalled, touch Install.
If you continue to experience problems, please contact us.